Dr. Justin Davis
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Postdoctoral fellowship in ecological forecasting of disease risk, GSCE, SDSU, 2016-present
- Postdoctoral fellowship in mathematical modeling of vector-borne diseases, Tulane University, 2015
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Central Florida, 2011
- B.S./B.S. in Mathematics/Economics, Duke University, 2004
Spatiotemporal epidemiological models, non-/semiparametric statistical techniques, HDLSS (or otherwise messy) data sets
- JK Davis; G Vincent; MB Hildreth; L Kightlinger; C Carlson; MC Wimberly. 2017. Integrating Environmental Monitoring and Mosquito Surveillance to Predict Vector-borne Disease: Prospective Forecasts of a West Nile Virus Outbreak. PLoS Curr. doi: 10.1371/currents.outbreaks.90e80717c4e67e1a830f17feeaaf85de.
- B Williamson; N Hawkey; DA Blake; S McRitchie; JW Frenkel; KP McDaniel; JK Davis; CE Satija; A Beazer; S Dhungana; J Carlson. The effects of glaucoma drainage devices on oxygen tension, glycolytic metabolites, and metabolomics profile of aqueous humor in the rabbit. (Accepted Dec 2017). Trans Vis Sci & Tech.
- CA Manore; KS Hickmann; JM Hyman; IM Foppa; JK Davis; DM Wesson; CN Mores. 2015. A network-patch methodology for adapting agent-based models for directly transmitted disease to mosquito-borne disease. J Bio Dynam 1:52-72.
- RM Moudy; S Michaels; SB Jameson; B Londono; V Lopez; KA Caillouet; CJ Hallmark; JK Davis; IM Foppa; PL Dorn; DM Wesson. 2014. Factors associated with peridomestic Triatoma sanguisuga (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) presence in southeastern Louisiana. J Med Entomol 51(5): 1043-50.
- CA Manore; JK Davis; RC Christofferson; DM Wesson; JM Hyman; CN Mores. 2014. Towards an Early Warning System for Forecasting Human West Nile Virus Incidence. PLoS Curr. doi: 10.1371/currents.outbreaks.f0b3978230599a56830ce30cb9ce0500
- JK Davis; M Pensky; W Crampton. 2011. Bayesian feature selection for classification with possibly large number of classes. J Stat Plan Inf. 141(9):3256-66.
- ME Arnegard; PB McIntyre; LJ Harmon; ML Zelditch; WG Crampton; JK Davis; JP Sullivan; S Lavoue; CD Hopkins. 2010. Sexual signal evolution outpaces ecological divergence during electric fish species radiation. Am Nat 176(3):335-56.
- WG Crampton; JK Davis; NR Lovejoy; M Pensky. 2008. Multivariate classification of animal communication signals: a simulation-based comparison of alternative signal processing procedures using electric fishes. J Physiol Paris. 102(4): 304-21.